GRS Group has a long-standing relationship with its affiliate in the United Kingdom, Capital & Provincial. The two firms have completed numerous projects together over the past eight years.
With specialist knowledge of building technology and construction, GRS | Capital & Provincial provides extensive coverage throughout the UK, Ireland, and Europe. GRS | Capital & Provincial offers a complete range of services from its UK headquarters in London.
These services include Building Services, Condition Surveys, and Preventative Maintenance. Project Consultancy services include Project Management and Monitoring, Contract Administration, CDM Coordination, and Quantity Surveying. Additionally, GRS | Capital & Provincial’s Professional Building Consultancy includes Measured Surveys, Dilapidations, Party Wall, and Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
GRS | Capital & Provincial Vision
GRS | Capital & Provincial’s approach is to give practical, hands-on, commercially focused advice. We are not here to push paper around. We are here to make things happen in a truly pro-active manner, constantly examining every aspect of the project in order to deliver improved results. We call this “Active Project Management.”
Active Project Management
How does Active Project Management work:
- We develop a genuine understanding of what success means to the client, ensuring their needs are met always
- We provide whole program advice and support throughout the project’s life cycle, including robust cost and change control
- We provide critical, value-adding ‘buildability’ advice
- Our Project Managers seek to ensure waste is avoided, quality is assured and the project is completed on time within budget
- We deliver fully actionable and commercially focused advice, with a succinct reporting dashboard that keeps clients firmly in the picture and in control
- Risk is systematically managed and mitigated throughout the project
Project Management Capability
The team’s wide experience covers projects ranging in value for a variety of clients. We are currently managing a portfolio of projects valued in excess of £500 million, for clients including:
- Developers and property companies looking to outsource the delivery of their projects to skilled and experienced project managers
- Funds and banks investing directly in construction projects who require confirmation that their investment through a third party is being utilized appropriately and prudently
- Occupiers whose core business is not project delivery and who consequently require expert support in the delivery of one off projects or portfolios of real estate projects
Our Project Management team consists of professionals throughout the UK and continental Europe. This enables Capital and Provincial to provide expert, senior level support in project and cost management in any location, on any project.
At Capital and Provincial, we tailor our service to suit individual client needs, providing fully integrated Project Management, Quantity Surveying and CDM / Safety service or individual service streams as they are required.
The Projects Team
As part of our “Active Project Management” approach, we provide a succinct project reporting mechanism “the dash board”. This ensures that the client is always kept fully up to date with all the critical, commercial and project control information they require.
Our Projects Team provide the following services:
Project Management Roles
- Combined Project Management / Contract Administration / Quantity Surveying
- Employers Agent
- Cost and Procurement Consultancy
- CDM Coordinator
- Health and Safety Advice
The provision of project leadership, where GRS | Capital & Provincial’s highly experienced project management team take ownership on behalf of the client. This involves managing the input of all project team members and organizations to ensure a project is efficiently driven through to a successful conclusion in line with the client’s business objectives.
As part of our integrated Project Management service, we often administer the building contract ensuring the building contractor receives clear direction.
Quantity Surveying / Cost Management
The provision of cost advice, reporting and control from initial budgetary advice on proposed construction solutions, through to detailed cost plans, procurement of contractors, valuation of works, change control and agreement of accounts.
Acting independently of the project design and delivery team on behalf of, the future occupier, fund or financing body for a project, our Project Monitoring service ensures the project is being run efficiently and is delivered in line with the funding and business case on which approval was provided.
Technical Assessment Services
The services of our Technical Assessment team are tailored to complement the existing range of services GRS | Capital & Provincial offers to the construction and property client.
Our Technical Assessment Services include:
- Environmental Audits
- Property Condition Surveys
- BREEAM & Sustainability
- Energy Performance Surveys
- M & E Surveys
- Building Defects Investigations
- Cladding Surveys
- Asbestos Surveys & Management
- Concrete Investigations